03 September 2008

Budva - Like a Russian Cancun

I finally arrived in Budva - and it really is like Russia's Cancun. The beach is dotted with shops, bars, restaurants, everything is in Russian since about 90% of the tourists are Russian. At night, the entire beach seems to turn into a mega-club.

With Russians comes EXTREMELY LOUD techno music at night all across the beach, and scantily clad women dancing on stripper poles (not kidding - I will post the video when I get home). The Russians also bring their family in - so yes, there are little kids in the "clubs."

I mean - I don't like to generalize, but I've visited Russia and many Russian vacation destinations and they all seem to be exactly the same for nightlife (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Varna....). Woman barely wearing anything - and the little that they are wearing is gold or silver, or both or some type of shiny. Guys wearing tight shirts - no matter what their body type is. Really tacky souvenirs - which are gold, silver, or some type of shiny - and they are willing to shell out tons of cash for it.

Don't get me wrong - I think that Budva, and Montenegro is gorgeous - but the Russian areas are just tacky. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Russian's bought every mountain in Montenegro. Russia=Montenegro. Funny but truth.